ASCERTAIN THE VALUE OF THE GOODS YOU WISH TO PUT UP FOR SALE
Do you own paintings, sculptures, art objects, archaeological finds, coins, medals or jewelry and are considering selling them at auction? Have them appraised free of charge by our specialists. For the purpose of an initial evaluation you will be asked to provide:
- a photo of the front and back, as well as any signatures or trademarks;
- an indication of the size of the object and its constituent materials;
- information about its history, including how and when you came into possession of it;
- a copy of any publications or expertise or appraisals you have already made.
THE SIGNING OF THE MANDATE TO SELL
If you entrust us with the task of handling the sale of your assets, the terms of our agreement will be contractually fixed in a mandate to sell.
The mandate to sell contains:
- the description of the objects for sale;
- the indication of the reserve prices, that is, the minimum prices at which the client is willing to sell these objects. This data is strictly confidential and is protected by the auctioneer during the sale session;
- the amount of the commissions that, in case of sale, will be paid to Bertolami Fine Arts;
- the list of costs chargeable to the client, including the amount of the so-called resale fee that may be applicable to the sale and that Bertolami Fine Arts is obliged to pay on behalf of the seller to SIAE Società Italiana degli Autori ed Editori.
RIGHT OF RESALE
Legislative Decree no. 118 of 13 February 2006 introduced in Italy the so-called resale right, i.e. the right granted to authors of works and manuscripts and their heirs to receive a fee on the price of each sale, subsequent to the first, of the original work. This remuneration is due in the case of sales of 3000 euros or more and must be paid to SIAE by Bertolami Fine Arts on behalf of the seller.
COMMUNICATIONS AFTER AUCTION
After the auction we will inform you of the outcome of the sale. The remaining unsold lots will be made available to you for collection.
In case of sale, after 45 days from the date of the auction, and provided that the operations of collection of the price due from the buyer have been completed, Bertolami Fine Arts proceeds to the payment of the seller, after issuing an invoice containing the specification of the commissions and any other expenses charged.